Do you fantasise about being kidnapped and murdered by an evil shapeshifter (every day, right)?
Not the lycanthrope kind, but the ‘let’s take dark magic and warp someone’s mind and body’ kind.
Perhaps being murdered is your greatest fear and you feel a desperate need to exorcise it, or maybe you’d just love to show the story to a loved one and see their reaction.
Whatever your reason, here’s your chance to vicariously live the dream.
The story situation is quite simple: an innocent girl is going to get killed in order to send another girl a ‘message’. She’ll be stabbed to death – the body discovered after the event.
The dead girl could have your name. Sounds like fun, right? (If it does, you need to see someone with quack-type qualifications.)
So here’s what you have to do.
In the comments below, simply tell me why you’d love to get your namesake murdered.
The best response will win you immortality in print along with a digital copy of the book when complete. I’d have offered you a new Ferrari, but I’m all out of Ferrari’s at the moment.
- It’s a girl that gets murdered, so it has to be a girl’s name. If you have a guy’s name, you’re welcome to find a female equivalent (so long as you include your actual name too).
- You need to impress me with a response to this question: Why do you want your namesake gruesomely killed off? I’ll choose a winner based on the responses.
- It has to be your own name – your mother-in-law’s name and those of your enemies and friends are off limits.
- Keep it to a single sentence (I’m applying the KISS principle here).
- You can enter multiple times.
- I can add and remove rules as I see fit (the butt-covering rule).
- If you enter, I reserve the right to look at you strangely for all eternity.
The competition closes at midnight (your time), November 9, 2013 (Friday the 13th was too far off).
I’ll announce the winner shortly thereafter.
Here’s the story’s premise: A warrior princess from another universe unexpectedly falls for a human boy while hunting the shapeshifter that murdered her parents.
The girl that gets murdered is human (just like you – so if you’ve got a name that sounds like it comes from another world, I may veto your entry because that’s not what I’m looking for, but put your entry in anyway).
And that’s it. I’m looking forward to reading your deepest, darkest, most horribly gruesome desires!
You can read the first chapter of Through The Veil: Welcome To Earth if you want to see what you might be getting yourself in for.