2013 has struck, but oddly enough I haven’t planned what I want to achieve this year. I’ve got a few things in motion already, so I thought I’d better write it down and build on it.
So, here’s my resolutions:
- Keep putting my epic fantasy out there until it finds a home with an agent/publisher.
- Finish editing my mermaid novel and start sending it out.
- Write the first draft of my blind swordswoman novel.
- Give at least two writers workshops.
- Attend at least two conventions.
- Firmly establish the Fantasy Writers community on Google+.
- Write and find a home for at least one short story.
- Write at least three guest posts on other blogs.
I could go add to that (considerably), but I think it comes down to what you’ll be happy with, rather than pie-in-the-sky stuff that’s largely unachieveable. With luck I’ll exceed it, but the plan is just to get it done at this stage.