Well, it’s been a pretty tough month or so – my wife’s been away studying (the first of four, one-month modules), making it difficult to catch up on writing and blogging while looking after the kids and working and generally trying to carry on without the usual backup. She’ll be back this Saturday (phew!).
Essentially, I’ve got very little writing done, and even less blogging. However, I’ve managed to put a submission together for an agent and I will send it via a giant snail this week (yes, they like snail mail for some reason – probably keeps the half-hearted away).
Earlier this year I posted a list of new year’s resolutions. A brief recap:
- Keep putting my epic fantasy out there until it finds a home with an agent/publisher.
- Finish editing my mermaid novel and start sending it out.
- Write the first draft of my blind swordswoman novel.
- Give at least two writers workshops.
- Attend at least two conventions.
- Firmly establish the Fantasy Writers community on Google+.
- Write and find a home for at least one short story.
- Write at least three guest posts on other blogs.
I’ve managed to hit some of those goals:
- I’m still sending the epic fantasy out.
- I’ve been editing the mermaid novel irregularly – it’ll take a concentrated effort to finish it this year as there’s another couple of months my wife will be away.
- I’ll be giving a workshop at Conflux.
- I’ll be attending two conventions – Conflux and GenreCon.
- The Fantasy Writers Community on Google+ is firmly established with over 1300 members.
- I’ve had one guest blog post published, and I’ve just sent another one off. One more to go and I’m all good for the year in that department.
And that’s the update. Here’s fingers crossed for success with the epic fantasy.
Oh yeah, I posted the first four chapters of the epic fantasy, Prophecy of Power: Quarry. Please check it out and leave a comment if you have some time.